Zion Chapel Prayers and Squares
- Prayers and Squares is a ministry of Zion Chapel United Methodist Church that started in May of 2008. Thirteen quilts were given away that year with hundreds more given since then.
- These quilts are different than most quilts because they are tied with knots and the knots are prayed over for people facing different situations.
- This group meets every Wednesday at Zion Chapel Church, 6478 Nevada Road, Boody, IL. 62514.
- For more information, leave a message for Loretta Doyle or Devona Dummermuth in the Prairieview Parish office at 217-764-5133.
Elwin Quilt Group
- Elwin United Methodist Church has a very active quilting group that works year-round to provide quits and stuffed bears to people needing comfort.
- They meet at the Elwin Church on the first Tuesday and Wednesday of each month for most of the day.
- Donations of print material (not polyester), thread and quilt batting are always appreciated.
- For more information, contact Jeanette Pickrel at (217) 520-5408 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elwin Compassionate Crafters
- The Compassionate Crafters at Elwin work throughout the year in their homes making items used in prayer.
- Our projects include pocket prayer cloths that are knitted or crocheted, and prayer beads that can be carried or worn as a necklace or bracelet. You may see some of us working on a prayer cloth during an activity at the church.
- Materials are provided.
- Contact the Elwin United Methodist Church, (217) 865-2136 or email email@example.com for information or to get involved.
- Macon Stitches was organized by The Women’s Missionary Circle of The First Baptist Church of Macon on September 10, 2006.
- Over the past 13 years, the organization has provided child- friendly blankets and quilts; preemie’s /fleece blankets, crotched and knitted blankets, bereavement blankets, and deployment blankets.
- Comforting blankets have gone to Project Linus; Assumption Fire and Rescue; Cancer Care; DaVita Dialysis; Macon County Sheriff’s Department; Moweaqua Fire, Ambulance, and EMT’s; and South Macon Fire and Ambulance. A grand total of over 4,000 blankets have been made!
- Macon Stitches is now meeting at Macon United Methodist Church. If you knit, crochet, sew or just enjoy good company, we would welcome you! Please come and enjoy!
- Meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month. For more information, please call 217-764-5133.